At a press conference at 11:30 today, the government and the four Alliance Parties announced that they have reached an agreement on migration and integration. The agreement comprises 21 measures, including:
- Temporary residence permits will be introduced for a period of 3 years
- Unaccompanied minors and families will still receive permanent residence permits
- All municipalities will share the reception of refugees
- Increased resources of SEK 10 billion to municipalities for refugee reception
- More stringent financial requirements for family immigration
- Increased efforts ensure people who have had their applications rejected leave the country
- Swedish tuition at asylum accommodation centres will be introduced
The agreement in full can be read here.
The Left Party and the Sweden Democrats are not part of the agreement, which reportedly was struck last night.
The Minister for Justice and Migration, Morgan Johansson (S), and the Minister for Employment, Ylva Johansson, will present the agreed migration and integration measures at a press conference at Rosenbad at 1 pm today.