The government has appointed a delegation to implement Sweden’s UN’s 2030 Agenda and its Global Goals for Sustainable Development. The delegation, chaired by Parul Sharma, will produce a proposal for an overarching action plan for Sweden’s implementation of the 2030 Agenda, which will include national and international perspectives and commitments. The delegation will submit an interim report on a draft action plan for Sweden’s implementation of the 2030 Agenda by 1 November 2016, and a complete proposal for an action plan by 1 March 2017. The delegation’s remit ends on 11 March 2019. Click here to read the press release and here for the committee directive.
The appointed delegation
The government has appointed the following delegation to implement Sweden’s UN’s 2030 Agenda and its Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
- Parul Sharma (Chair), Head of CSR Compliance at Advokatfirman Vinge and Dean of the Academy for Human Rights in Business
- Ida Texell, Director and Head of Rescue Operations at Attunda fire brigade
- Mattias Klum, Photographer, filmmaker and author
- Ingrid Petersson Director General of the Swedish Research Council, Formas.
- Johan Hassel, CEO of Global Challenge (Global Utmaning), an independent Swedish think tank
- Johan Rockström, Professor of Environmental Science at Stockholm University and Executive Director of Stockholm Resilience Centre
- Johanna Sandahl, Chair of the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (Naturskyddsföreningen)