You have no items in your cart.
The Monthly Policy Review - Go behind the issues
The Monthly Policy Review is an independent research publication catering to a global audience that wishes to keep abreast of political, economic- and social affairs of Sweden. The review provides insight into the big issues affecting Sweden and is designed as a resource to understand the complexities and subtleties of the country.
Diplomats tell us that they base their reports to home-capitals on our analysis, helping them to be efficient at getting the job done and foreign executives say it gives them a better understanding of the country they are operating in.
Published at the turn of each month, the review offers analysis of the topics that shape the political- and economic climate in Sweden i.a. national politics, economy, security- and defence, energy, social developments and geo-political issues affecting Sweden. Our insightful analytical reports give you the opportunity to understand not just outcomes but also the forces in Swedish policy-making that drive those outcomes. This means that each article is carefully researched and cross-checked across a variety of sources, including through personal contacts that we maintain.
It also includes a full-page calendar of upcoming national and international events over the next three months.
The Monthly Policy Review is distributed as a PDF-file via e-mail. A full searchable online archive is available to our subscribers, featuring English-language reports of significant events and developments in Sweden since 2012.
Examples of issues we have covered
Each Monthly Policy Review usually feature four articles on current topics affecting Sweden. Below are some example of issues we have covered in 2017.
- Sweden’s term in the United Nation Security Council
- Political turmoil within the Moderate Party
- Swedish arms exports and the democracy clause
- The Nordic - Russian relationship – A lengthy & complicated affair
- Sweden’s most powerful financial families (available in the Mundus Store)
- The Drottninggatan attack and its ramifications
- Will Sweden really become the first fossil-free industrial state?
- The Swedish housing crisis
- Sami - the forgotten story (available in the Mundus Store)
- The refugee crisis and the Nordics
"We base our political reporting on the Monthly Policy Review. It would be unthinkable for us to give it up."
- Ambassador subscribing to the Monthly Policy Review